Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

THE WEEK THAT WAS !!!

Ok folks let's start off with some gratitude. At this stage of the week (10pm Sunday night) I am grateful for:
  • Ambulance service who responded to my daughter quickly.
  • My FYD who was so brave when she rang for the ambulance. If you've never done this before you won't know what I mean.
  • The makers of our Toyota Camry because that car flew up to our home town and back down in the morning when our girl took ill...and didn't miss a beat!
  • The staff from the neuro unit, which treat the FED with such love and care it is touching. Best staff ever.
  • Dr Phillips and Dr Chiu. No nicknames...respect and my never ending gratitude. Best doctors ever ( unless of course one of my doctors is reading this in which case I mean you too).
  • The High Dependency Unit nurses - no we are NOT bringing any more Eagles in for you. Sorry to disappoint!
  • My Mum for cooking us meals during this terribly draining week. Your roast beef was nom nom nom.
  • The husband for going out to buy celebration food so we could celebrate when Dr Phillips rang. Picture pizza, red wine, BBQ chips and chocolate. It hadn't been done in ages and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
  • My friend who reunited me with my phone. Separation has been hard but life's great now.
  • The Eagles for kicking Melbourne's ass! 
  • Family,friends, associates and perfect strangers for your messages of support. I can't answer you all but I've read every one and some over and over.
Thumbs down to:
  • The stent that blocked up. Stop causing problems.
  • Parking costs at hospitals. Why oh why is there not a better way?
  • Bills from public hospitals which only come in because you say you're a private patient. Surely if you're good enough to use your private health cover to benefit the hospital, they can work out a better way to deal with the masses of paperwork. Grrr
  • Having to work out how to pass the time when your child is in theatre. Rip my heart out because 9 hour procedures are doing my head in!
  • Being asked if this is the last surgery. Sorry my crystal ball is out for a service. 
  • Needing to have a bloody medical degree to cope with my life properly. Between me and my daughter ...!!!
  • Being Paleo for a month and then reverting back to old ways in times of stress. I have no will power whatsoever.
  • Telstra for clearing everything off my phone and for making me download everything again. You may have fixed it on warranty but I paid you anyway.
  • Sports commentators for micro analysing the Eagles chance of making finals. Who cares? Just play and enjoy.

Have a good week. Hoping she gets discharged soon!!!

Till next time...xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...